FACEBOOK SWEEPSTAKES RULES
Besides legal issues involved when setting up sweepstakes and contests online, Facebook has issued its own set of promotional rules. Why? Facebook is a platform and its needs to assure that advertisers on its platform exercise some measure of legal responsibility. As a platform, Facebook is risk averse. On any given day, there are hundreds of promotions run on its platforms. Since online sweepstakes and contests are heavily regulated across all 50 states, Facebook needs to assure that its rules require some measure of legal consistency and is geared toward absolving it of any liability.
According to Facebook's own rules regulating sweepstakes and contests...
1. Facebook promotions must be administered through Apps;
2. Facebook promotions must require certain releases, disclosures and acknowledgements;
3. Facebook promotions must not be condition entry on certain actions taken or features used on the Facebok site.
4. Facebook promotions cannot use Facebook features as a sweepstakes entry process; and
5. Notification of Winners must not take place through Facebook website features.
If you are not certain how to read or implement these conditions into your next promotion call us. We can help!
When you call or email us, you will be directed to Lior Leser, our Internet lawyer. Mr. Leser enables the development, protection and legal compliance of emerging online technology companies. He helps online, software and other technology companies protect their assets and reach legal compliance across the 50 states and abroad.
Lior Leser, Internet Lawyer, represents clients in online legal compliance issues such as email compliance, online marketing & advertising compliance, software development laws, mobile compliance laws, intellectual property laws, electronic transaction laws, online contest & sweepstakes laws, and online corporate laws. Lior Leser, Internet Lawyer is licensed to practice law in Florida and California.
SERVING CLIENTS NATIONWIDE